cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-List Help

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

I have not done a whole lot of access-lists before.

I have Cisco 3560 switch and I need to add an access-list.  Basically I have six servers that are logged into remotely:

Users are able to SSH to the servers from the Corporate LAN.  However, when people get to the servers I need to make sure they get locked down.  Once logged in, I don't want them to be able to SSH, Telnet, or FTP from those boxes to another part of the network. I don't care if they monkey around on the actual subnet, but I just don't want them to be able to source SSH/FTP/Telnet from those boxes to another part of the network.

Understanding that SSH is used to reach the servers, how can I (or can I) lock this down with an access-list.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James

No it wouldn't which i think is what you want. It will only affect traffic leaving the 10.0.0.x subnet for other subnets.

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.0.1 any eq 21

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.0.1 any eq 22

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.0.1 any eq 23

etc.. for each 10.0.0.x host

access-list 101 permit ip any any

then on the vlan interface for 10.0.0.x network -

access-group 101 in

Note that the permit ip any any at the end allows all other traffic from the 10.0.0.x network including traffic from the servers 10.0.0.1 -> 6 that isn't ftp/ssh or telnet out to the rest of the network.

Jon

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would this however block the ability of 10.0.0.1 to SSH/Telnet to 10.0.0.2?

James

James

No it wouldn't which i think is what you want. It will only affect traffic leaving the 10.0.0.x subnet for other subnets.

Jon

Duh, that's what the "in" means. Like I said, access-list impaired over here!

Perfect.  Again thanks for the help.

James

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card