cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-List Help

jfraasch
Level 3
Level 3

I have not done a whole lot of access-lists before.

I have Cisco 3560 switch and I need to add an access-list.  Basically I have six servers that are logged into remotely:

Users are able to SSH to the servers from the Corporate LAN.  However, when people get to the servers I need to make sure they get locked down.  Once logged in, I don't want them to be able to SSH, Telnet, or FTP from those boxes to another part of the network. I don't care if they monkey around on the actual subnet, but I just don't want them to be able to source SSH/FTP/Telnet from those boxes to another part of the network.

Understanding that SSH is used to reach the servers, how can I (or can I) lock this down with an access-list.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

James

No it wouldn't which i think is what you want. It will only affect traffic leaving the 10.0.0.x subnet for other subnets.

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.0.1 any eq 21

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.0.1 any eq 22

access-list 101 deny tcp host 10.0.0.1 any eq 23

etc.. for each 10.0.0.x host

access-list 101 permit ip any any

then on the vlan interface for 10.0.0.x network -

access-group 101 in

Note that the permit ip any any at the end allows all other traffic from the 10.0.0.x network including traffic from the servers 10.0.0.1 -> 6 that isn't ftp/ssh or telnet out to the rest of the network.

Jon

Thanks for the quick reply.

Would this however block the ability of 10.0.0.1 to SSH/Telnet to 10.0.0.2?

James

James

No it wouldn't which i think is what you want. It will only affect traffic leaving the 10.0.0.x subnet for other subnets.

Jon

Duh, that's what the "in" means. Like I said, access-list impaired over here!

Perfect.  Again thanks for the help.

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card