Adding a new node in the cluster using different server

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2010

How can i add a node as HA int the cluster using a IBM server as primary and HP server as secondary node ?

I have problems with the partitions , IBM server assign a 230 GB partition and HP server assign a 229 GB partition and the error appears , indicating it`s not posible to continue with the secondary node integration. Both servers have 250 GB HD.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gonzalez.franco Tue, 03/09/2010 - 11:09

the exactly error is the following:

Add to cluster is failed because of ClusterException invalid disk size : localNode.disksize=230, RemoteNode.diskSize=229

and aborts the procedure.

Aaron Harrison Fri, 03/12/2010 - 09:18

The config of the existing node is stored in the ClusterData, including things like the partition sizes and so on.

I've seen on one occasion where the data was incorrect, and had to be manually edited to allow a second server to be added.

I've also seen occasions when a customer wants to repurpose an older server, and the system checks the disk sizes and rejects it - the second node has to be equal or larger in storage terms.

Now - you may be able to adjust the size of the drive on the primary node by running cet and editing the record for the server.. there is a 'Computer Info' tab that lists the spec.

Of course, whether this would result in a TAC-supportable solution is another question; I'm pretty sure the servers are meant to be identical.

Please rate helpful posts...

This Discussion