Views
Helpful
Replies

Client Request - Do not display second incoming call

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Interesting request, is it possible to not display the second incoming call on the phone when you are already in a call. A client wanted this feature and have the call just go to voicemail rather than displaying on the phone before going to voicemail.

Possible?

Thanks,

Bob James

10 Replies 10

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You could change to a single line DN, or under the DN in question, use the huntstop channel command.

Thank you Steven

I have the same issue/question.

how would you make the DN a single line (the client is using SPA525 Phones)

also, What does hunt-stop do?

Eric

To change from dual-line to single-line, you have to recreate the ephone-dn.

config t

no ephone-dn 4

ephone-dn 4 single

(rest of the dn config)

Huntstop and huntstop channel are interesting.  Here is some documentation on it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_h1ht.html#wp1022686

The example there shows how they work.

When you have a dual-line DN, you have 2 channels.  If you are on a call with channel 1, the next call would come in on channel 2.  Huntstop channel means that the second call would go to the CFB setting and not go to channel 2. 

Huntstop works a bit differently.  When a call comes in, say there are 3 ephone-dns with the same number, but different preferences.  Calls go to the ephone-dn with the lowest preference.  When that DN is busy, it would stop there if huntstop is enabled (which is the default).  If huntstop is not enabled, it would go to the next ephone-dn with the next lowest preference.  The link above explains this as well.

will changing the ephone-dn to single "break" CCA? on the UC-560?  the same with Huntstop?

which is the preferred method to accomplish the desired result?

Eric

huntstop channel is the method I would use.  I don't believe that it effects CCA.

Hi the problem will be that the CCA will overwrite the config changes made on the CLI, with his own settings and because the CCA has no idea about huntstop it will restore the default with no huntstop channel. That's really buggy.

Hi Steven,

You could change to a single line DN, or under the DN in question, use the huntstop channel command.

You should Let Bob know that in doing so they loose other functionality such as the ability to do a consultative transfer, this may be a crucial function that is needed. Huntstop Channel would be the better method i would think to avoid loss of functions.

Although I am stating that for the benefit of others not just for Bob

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

And David, as always, I appreciate it!

Thank you

Bob James

Hi Bob.

And as always you are most welcomed

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: