cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP wont install on IBM media server

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

SO I installed CUP on one of the HP media servers, that was a loaner from cisco. As you know they arent available anymore so I recieved the IBM version when I ordered the box. The install starts then asks me where the media packages are coming from, I say "CDROM" and it says there are no drivers.

I go to "select drivers" and pick the LSI drivers and it doesnt work. I select "use driver disk" and try to load the drivers from a disk and I get the same error. So I went looking for an ISO for CUP 6.0(4) specific to the IBM media servers and found nothing.

Has anyone else put CUP on an IBM and seen this?

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Could you provide the following?

1) Detailed version of CUPS (e.g. 7.0.7.10000-11)

2) Detailed model number of the IBM server (e.g. MCS-7845-I4-IPC1).  If you're not sure about the model number, could you provide the serial number?

Thanks!

Michael

System version: 6.0.4.1000-4

MCS-7825-I4 V01

SN KQWAMMZ

Our resident IBM guy looked at it and he is stumped. He did note that its several version behind on the bios.

You know I didnt even look at that. I had complete faith that my rep was going to get me the right server, thanks!

I wonder what the license upgrade cost will be to jump to 7.0?

It shouldn't cost you anything if you have a support contract.

Michael

A what?

The company I am with right now doesnt believe in purchasing support!

Thought it might be cheaper than buying the upgrade.

hey I cannot access the first link for the version 6 matrix....

(the second one works)

thanks for the help, my vendor is going to get me up to 7.0

Cheers,

-Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: