CCIE routing book advice

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2010

do I go with 'routing tcp/ip volume I/II - Doyle' or do I go with 'CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide, 3rd Edition - Odom'

they both seem to be relevant, however Odom has a more recent publication. Also, I am concerned that 'routing tcp/ip volume II - Doyle' was published in 2001. could this be outdated? Also, I noticed that Odom covers some switching. I appreciate any assistance on this

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Reza Sharifi Tue, 03/09/2010 - 16:57

west33637 wrote:

do I go with 'routing tcp/ip volume I/II - Doyle' or do I go with 'CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide, 3rd Edition - Odom'

they both seem to be relevant, however Odom has a more recent publication. Also, I am concerned that 'routing tcp/ip volume II - Doyle' was published in 2001. could this be outdated? Also, I noticed that Odom covers some switching. I appreciate any assistance on this

Hi,

You can not go wrong with Routing TCP/IP by Jeff Doyle.  That book is great.   It never gets old, because there is so much good concept in there. Odom also has a good book with more up to date info. Both are good book and you need to know them as a CCIE.

HTH

Reza

Actions

This Discussion