UC520 Presence/BLF Issue with Remote Users

Unanswered Question

I've been having this issue with our internal system for awhile now, figured i'd finally try to get it resolved.

I have BLF speed dials setup for everyone in the office. What I have noticed is that when a remote user signs into a CIPC client or IP Phone through VPN using a shared DN with their office phone, the remote device seems to take over presence info from the office device. The issue is that after that, the office device cannot regain presence abilities until it is reset. I have posted before about best practices for configuring users that have both an office and a home phone, and there doesnt appear to be any issues with this configuration. Maybe it's just the BLFs? Does everyone else use Monitor or Watch buttons with this type of config? After testing different setups I just prefer the way BLFs work and act over the others, but maybe they just dont work for this setup.

I have attached relevant parts of config and presence screens.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ronlewis Fri, 03/12/2010 - 16:06

I forwarded this question to our development team to see if anyone has seen before, will let you know what reply is next week.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content