cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Programming softkeys on SPA phones

diyciscoguy
Level 1
Level 1

I have several SPA509G phones running the SIP protocol with asterisk. I am able to configure the phones via their built in web interface and get them to register and make calls. However I cannot find any documentation on customizing the softkeys. I need to change the keys from their defaults to add selections like park etc. Via the webgui of the phone there is a section for programmable softkeys but changing those settings does not seems to have an effect it also is not clear on how to tell it what each button is doing. Either web based config or xml will do but I just cannot find the documentation. Thanks.

24 Replies 24

bmgriffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, this is my basic understanding of it, with a 502g but should be the same.

<Idle_Key_List group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">psk1|7;em_login|1;acd_login|1;acd_logout|1;redial|5;resume|5;dir|6;avail|6;unavail|6;cfwd|7;chkcfwd|7;dnd|8;chkdnd |8;lcr|9;pickup|10;gpickup|11;unpark|12;em_logoutIdle_Key_List>

<PSK_1 group="Phone/Programmable_Softkeys">fnc=sd;ext=8@$PROXY;vid=2;nme=groupPSK_1>

I have used the above to create a group pick-up button. Basically change ext=8 above to whatever code you want the button to send to asterisk and then change 'group' to whatever you want the button to be called. Please note you also need to add psk1|7; to the Idle_Key_List field to make the button visible in the menu structure.

There is a little more on this in the spa500 admin guide. let me know if you need a link to this. Hope this helps anyway.

Ben.

That worked for me. Thanks!

i may have a question to that.

First thx for the explanation

I like to edit the DND button to send a dial code to my pbx to set the status there as well to DND.

So i started:

psk1|8;em_login|1;acd_login|1;acd_logout|1;redial|5;resume|5;dir|6;avail|6;unavail|6;cfwd|7;chkcfwd|7;Away|8;Aval|8;chkdnd|8;lcr|9;pickup|10;gpickup|11;unpark|12;em_logout

and on the psk1 i added:

fnc=sd;sub=*61@10.172.0.141|fnc=sd;sub=*60@10.172.0.141

Its a bit annoining that the phone acually calls that, but well i set it to speed dial. Is there optimization possible?

But i dont geht the toggle working first the *61 and then *60 when i repress the button.

Also in the display is only psk and not first Away and then Aval???

What can i do?

thx

Found Name, but the toggel in funktion and display does not work...

Thx already

Dear Sir;

What you like to do (call to synchronize services) is available via the vertical service announcement codes. For full understanding I suggest you check the phone administration guide available on the documentation section

Regards
Alberto

Hello Alberto,

i was there before and change the Vertical Service Activation Codes for Act DND to *60 and DND Deact Code: to *61

Unforunatly this codes will not send to the PBX as i have discovert and the Status in the PBX remains as online...

So i thought okey make it via psk field...

Am i wrong or should they send it to the PBX EXT X witch are attached to the phone?

ps read the guide but will do again may i skiped something...

If no tone parameter is specified, the IP phone plays

Prompt tone by default.

If the *code is not to be followed by a phone number,

such as *73 to cancel call forwarding, do not include it

in this parameter. In that case, simple add that *code in

the dial plan and the IP phone send INVITE *73@..... as

usual when user dials *73.

Well this is what i need i guess.

But my phone sends nothing:

Dial Plan: [x*].|*60|*61

Wrong?

Look at the announcement codes, not activation codes...it is different. Announcements basically sends an invite to the server...

Regards

Alberto

Sorry Alberto,

i have to ask a bit more about it.

DDT:*61;DDF:*60; i put tin there now.

But i dont see a invite arriving to my PBX what did i understood wrong.

Sorry to be a pain in the neck but i have to make this work...

Could you help me out?

Thx

Stefan

i am reading the doc on page 170 over and over

[Line1/2] = Yes

This i phoned in the web interface under Phone -> Service Annc Serv: Yes

[Regional]

i added DDT:*61;DDF:*60

Now i push the DND button but nothing happens, what is wrong with me, or is the guide buggy here?

Hi,

From my understanding announcement codes are not triggered from soft keys.

If you Dial the vertical service code for DND or go into the menu | preferences | do not disturb and change the on/off value in there you will probably find that it works.

Also I found that I needed something in field as well and also that it didn't seem to like "*"s

<Service_Annc_Base_Number group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Announcement_Codes">1234Service_Annc_Base_Number>

<Service_Annc_Extension_Codes group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Announcement_Codes">DDT:291;DDF:290Service_Annc_Extension_Codes>

so I had to create a entry in my call server dial plan to match 1234291 as DND enable etc....

However, this isn't much use if it can't be triggered from the softkeys.

Maybe Alberto will be able to confirm if this is in the roadmap?

Thanks

Ben.

Dear Ben,

thx for ur input.

I see it the same as you.

the user can dial *61 for me and have the same effect then to set the PBX away status.

but like other phones like snom it works with pushing the button DND and in the background the phone calls *61@PBX but nums the phone spreaker.

We wait for the master of SPA Alberto to see what he can may do for us ;-)

it is still not working as expected.

i am giving up on that and buy snom phones, one click and it is working

Quite sad i am  to be honest...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: