Licensing LMS 3.1

Unanswered Question
Mar 9th, 2010

I want to update the license for LMS 3.1 so i went throughout the Licensing link within Common Services - Server - Admin - Licensing and then clicked the update button, selected the path where the license file is located and then it shows a message error with the following information: "Could not update the license. The file does not have read permission for casuser. Select a valid license file with proper permissions."

Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue???

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Martin Ermel Wed, 03/10/2010 - 02:01

which platform is it? Have you checked the permissions for this file like the error messages says?

j.baez Wed, 03/10/2010 - 09:32

Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP2...

Excuse me, but how can i check those permissions within that file for the casuser account???

Martin Ermel Wed, 03/10/2010 - 10:00

the permission is not within the file, it is just the read permission for casuser (the user used by LMS to start the services etc.) on that file;

So just open the file explorer and point it to the location where you saved the license file. Right-click on the file, open "Properties" then the "Security" tab and check the permissions for the user "casuser". If it is not listed, click on "Add", "From this location" shall point to your server, click on "Advanced", then "Find now" and select "casuer" from the list, then save the settings with "Ok", "OK", ...
After that, retry to update your license.

Marvin Rhoads Wed, 03/10/2010 - 21:33

I had a similar problem on my Windows Server 2008 installation. Manipulating the license file directly didn't work for me. I ended up dropping it into the CSCOpx directory so that it could inherit the proper set of permissions for casuser.

nikger1980 Wed, 03/21/2012 - 02:12

Yeap, Marvin is right

Drop it to the CSCOpx directory and it is ok.

This Discussion