Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure 2800 router

vasuramnet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

Praposed connectivity for voice between head quaters IP phones to remote branch analog phones is as for the attached network diagram.Cisco 2821 routiters with 12.2 IOS are interconnected using leased line(v.35) between HQ TO REMOTE BRANCH .At remote branch analog phones are connected on FXS ports .At HQ end IPPBX with required number of user liseces for IPPHONES is connected to the router through a ethernet switch.Is the network setup given in the diagram is correct for the desired connectivity between HQ ip phones to BRANCH analog phone.The IPPBX is configured  for SIP.What should be the configuration requirement at router for the abive connectivity to work with IPPBX in SIP mode .As well as FXS to PBX.

Plz give me some examples

Thanks&Regards

srinivas

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Srini,

it would have been better to go on on the other thread you had opened

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2007573?tstart=60

Configuration of VoIP dial peer has to be changed to reflect the use of SIP instead of H.323

Configuring the Cisco SIP Gateway

After you have configured the basic VoIP support, you must configure the router or access server to function as a Cisco SIP gateway. To configure SIP support, perform the following tasks:

• Configure the session transport type to use SIP across all dial peers.
  • Configure each dial peer as follows:
    • Specify sipv2 as the session protocol type.
    • Specify the global SIP server as the session target.

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

session protocol sipv2
destination-pattern 200[1-2]
session target ipv4:172.22.10.2

session protocol h323 is the default and it is not shown

voice-port 1/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern 5001
port 1/0/0
!
voice-port 1/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
destination-pattern 5002
port 1/0/1
!

IP PBX needs to configure a SIP object ( a trunk)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear sir,

Thanks for ur valuble reply i will try this and i will get back to u.

if i want to ask further shelli open new thread and shell i update

Thanks for ur reply

srini

Dear sir,

Praposed connectivity for voice between head quaters IP phones and analog phones to remote branch analog phones is as for the attached network diagram.Cisco 2821 routiters with 12.4 IOS are interconnected using leased line(v.35) between HQ TO REMOTE BRANCH .At remote branch analog phones are connected on FXS ports .At HQ end IPPBX  with gateway cord for analog extensions  is connected to the router through a ethernet switch.Is the network setup given in the diagram is correct for the desired connectivity between HQ analog  phones to BRANCH analog phone.The IPPBX is configured  for SIP.we are able to switch between remote end analog phone (fxs) to HQ ip phone.We are not able to switch between remote end analog phone to hq analog phone(through ippbx gateway cord).Is there any issues of compatability between the IPPBX gateway(KAREL) to cisco 2821 router.

Any additional hardware is required to enable the required gateway function for cisco 2821 router for our problem.

Plz give me some examples

Thanks&Regards

srinivas

Recommend you engage a qualified consultant for the job

Integration designs are not easy and require professsional experience.

Otherwise, you will will collect poor results, frustration, and customer unsatisfaction.

Hi,

I need to clarify how to configure three 2800 routers, with FXS and FXO ports to transport calls in SIP Protocol betwen them. Two routers were installed in remotes locations (with FXS ports and analog telephones) and the last one is installed in a Central Office (with FXO ports) and permits to connects all the extension to PSTN network. I attached a network diagram. Thank for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: