Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 -DFM alerts

lucky.sibanyoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'd like to know what can cause this alarm? as when i check on the switch, i found that the vlan is administratively shut down. I'd like to know on how can i fix this in order not to happen in future. Your feedback will be hihgly appreciated.

mdz-te-5-1#sh int vlan20
Vlan20 is administratively down, line protocol is down

mdz-te-5-1#sh ip int br

Vlan20                110.20.43.3   YES NVRAM  administratively down down

EVENT ID                = 0004EP1
ALERT ID                = 000028Z
TIME                    = Wed 10-Mar-2010 01:40:48 CAT
STATUS                  = Active
SEVERITY                = Critical
MANAGED OBJECT          = mdz-te-5-1

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE     = Switches and Hubs
EVENT DESCRIPTION       = Unresponsive::Component=110.20.43.3 [mdz-te-5-1];ComponentClass=IP;ComponentEventCode=1098;InterfaceName=IF-mdz-te-5-1/20 [Vl20] [10.121.253.62] [uplink_Core2];InterfaceAdminStatus=DOWN;Address=110.20.43.3;IPStatus=TIMEDOUT;InterfaceTyp
CUSTOMER IDENTIFICATION = South Devices
CUSTOMER REVISION       = 1.6

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like CSCtb87449.  There is a patch on Cisco.com to fix this, but it is getting mixed results.

HI Joe

Thanks for your feedback.

What do you mean you saying its getting mixed results? does the patch solve the problem? or it does resolve in some instances but not in all instances?

I'd like to download the fix, but first i need to know if it wont make the situation worse.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Regards

Lucky

I have heard one user report that patch doesn't work.  That is, the problem remains the same after applying it.  Development is still investigating.  The patch does not make anything worse, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: