To show real interoperability and integration, we enabled on a Cisco 28xx gateway IOS version 12.4(22)T the gatekeeper feature to register the video endpoint to and configured the same device to act as a gateway to do ISDN bonding with the connected PRI.
After some tuning and opening a TAC service request, the setup worked fine (except H.264 codec) with a Sony video endpoint for in and outbound calls with six channels.
As Sony will leave the European market and is not well known for good compatibility with other vendors, we wanted to show the same setup with a LifeSize video endpoint. Inbound calls worked excellent, but outbound calls made the LifeSize crash and require at least one reload to work again Maybe a little more in detail...
- Outbound call initiated on the LifeSize
- The ISDN channels came up
- There did not seem to be much capability exchange (or it did not find a common capability)
- ISDN channels were disconnected
- LifeSize system remained in the "ringing" status and did not accept any input anymore
- video endpoint reload required
The exact same setup (we just switched the network cable back to Sony) did work well with the Sony
Did anyone experience a similar challenge with LifeSize and the Cisco gatekeeper and / or the H.320 bonding feature on the IOS gateway?
How to make Cisco - LifeSize going through some testing?
Hope you can help