Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two pppoe and two LAN in one ASA5510

Hi I need to configure my ASA 5510 router to access two pppoe brandbrand connections and each connection should have access to each LAN. Please let me know is this posible

7 Replies 7

Hi,

You need to provide connectivity between two branches via the ASA?

This can be done with VPN tunnels (Site-to-Site IPsec)

What exactly do you need so we can help you out?

Federico.

Hi,

I need to connect two broardbrand internet connection for two seperate devision using ASA firewall 4 ethernet ports. Is there a way to do that?

Sure.

Each port on the 5510 can have a different IP (belong to a separate subnet).

You can use two Internet ports (just make sure you have the appropiate routing setup to route traffic via each of the Internet ports).

Then you can use the rest of the ports to connect to the inside or DMZ networks.

Federico.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Isn't the ASA limited to one inside interface and one outside interface?

The only ASA limited to one inside and one outside interface is the 5505 (without the security plus license).

If you have an ASA 5510, you can have up to 5 interfaces (one inside, one outside and three DMZs for instance).

If you have the security plus license, you can upgrade 2 of those FastEthernet ports into Gig ports.

You can check the license that you have with a ''sh ver''

Anyways, if it's an ASA 5510, you have up to 5 interfaces (because the management port can be used as a regular interface as well).

Federico.

Hi,

Thnaks Federico. Can I use pppoe connection without using static IP for wan interfaces for this.

Nuwan.

Yes no problem,

You can configure the ASA as a pppoe client with static or dynamic IP.

Take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080ab7ce9.shtml

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: