cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone 7911 with no firmware

ochalmers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, is it possible to recover a cisco ip phone 7911 from a missing firmware? if so how can i do it?

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Oscar

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all you need the firmaware files, normally by paid cisco support contract.

Hi, I already have the files loaded on my router. the version of CME is 7.1

configure tftp-server term11.default.loads

Sometime the 7911s think they are 7906s, so configure that also.

that should be sufficient, observe boot process with "debug tftp events" and "term mon".

It's kind of weird because the ip phone 7911 does not even get an ip address and the screen is blank, any clues?

Thanks

It is, but you don't see it.

Enable debug tftp events and check again.

Hi bevilacqua,

The IP phone hasn't yet taken an ip address, i follow your recommendation and use the debug tftp-server and ter mon commands but i do not see any attempt to register the ip phone, so i configure a dhcp pool on the router but it seems not to work, i plug another cisco ip phone 7911 just to discard any error on my configuration but it works fine.

I configure a span session to see in detail what the ip phone is doing and all traffic that i see is cdp nothing else, it seems that the ip phone never try to get an ip address.

Please Let me know any other idea.

Thanks in advance

Next would be reset sequence:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml

If that doesn't work, then there is another one to try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: