Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 vlan configuration

MathieuJM_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some port to configure to have a vlan + a voice vlan. How can i do that using LMS 3.2 ?

I have check the vlan port assignement but i haven't seen a option to define 2 vlan.

typically our port are configure like this one

interface FastEthernet0/1/1
switchport access vlan 2
switchport voice vlan 100
macro description cisco-phone | cisco-phone
spanning-tree portfast

and i wish to use LMS to configure new port.

Cheers

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use Netconfig in RME to do what you want.  RME 4.3 has port-based Netconfig functionality which will greatly facilitate what you want to do.  Just create a new Netconfig port-based job, and create a new Adhoc task to specify the configuration you require.

Is there really no way to do it using a GUI ?

How should i simply wish interface i wish to configure ?

Netconfig is all GUI-based.  I don't understand the question.

What i mean is that can i have a gui that let me choose which vlan

i wish to add to port ?

we have different voice vlan and different data vlan, can i have a gui that let me choose one of the data vlan and optionnaly a voice vlan ?

i don't understand how to do that

This feature is not available on Campus yet, and there isn't another GUI in LMS which will provide this.  I have opened a feature request, CSCtf51757, but you should talk to your account team to get them to push things from the business side as well.

--

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com

Hi,

thanks for this request from your part.

In order to be able to configure the port of my switch with my configuration VLAN voice + VLAN data, how do i must use the netconfig tool ?

Can you help me creating the right job that eventually let me enter the port of the switch as a variable ?$

Regards

I think what might be easiest is to go to RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs, and create a new Port-based job.  Then, define an ad-hoc rule to match the port or ports you want.  For example:

Port.PortName equals Fa0/3

Then, create an Adhoc Task which defines the VLAN values that you require.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco