cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeing EOBC error on WS-X6248-RJ-45

Richard Ortiz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote site customer that found the following messages in show log. I feel that the problem is most likely the module in slot

9, which is a WS-X6248-RJ-45. I'm just not completely sure. The command to power up the module was done. The system is up, operational, and currently there are no issues. However, we would like to know why module 9 went down.

3/7/2010,17:15:54: EobDetermineChannelMisbehavior:EOBC on module 9 is faulty. Module powered down!

Thanks,

Richard

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a remote site customer that found the following messages in show log. I feel that the problem is most likely the module in slot

9, which is a WS-X6248-RJ-45. I'm just not completely sure. The command to power up the module was done. The system is up, operational, and currently there are no issues. However, we would like to know why module 9 went down.

3/7/2010,17:15:54: EobDetermineChannelMisbehavior:EOBC on module 9 is faulty. Module powered down!

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

"EOBC" means "Ethernet Out-of-Band Channel".It provides the function of Keep-Alive-Polling by regularly SCP(Serial Control Protocol)-Ping between SUP and interface modules.Just try pull out the card and insert the card and see the error is coming or not.If yes i suspect the problem with the card.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like it's RMA time for the card.  What's the result if you do "sh modules"?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

"EOBC" means "Ethernet Out-of-Band Channel".It provides the function of Keep-Alive-Polling by regularly SCP(Serial Control Protocol)-Ping between SUP and interface modules.Just try pull out the card and insert the card and see the error is coming or not.If yes i suspect the problem with the card.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like it's RMA time for the card.  What's the result if you do "sh modules"?

Thanks for the feedback. We've decided to replace the module.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card