cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

% Client Count vs SNR

voipis4me
Level 1
Level 1

What does this metric in WCS tell us, exactly?  I could not find an explenation in any of the guides.

This is found on the Radio Details - On Demand Statistics page of each WAP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found this to be a good explanation of SNR Cutoff recommendations which this graph seems to relate to.  Basically it tells you for the radio

what SNR the clients are reporting for that AP radio.  This gives you an idea of the percentage of clients that are hearing it at a good level versus a bad level.

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3468771

You may want to ask specific questions regarding power and design in a forum more related to that since I am answering this from the WCS side.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looking at a live machine it appears to show the percentage of clients on this radio at a specific SNR.

Thanks for the info.

What does that tell us in regards to the wireless enviornment?  If the majority of the clients are at X% SNR do we look at the surrounding RX Neighbors and consider adjusting the radio power levels or look at other possible interferring devices or ? 

Basically i'm looking for how this metric can help with troubleshooting the wireless infrastructure.

I found this to be a good explanation of SNR Cutoff recommendations which this graph seems to relate to.  Basically it tells you for the radio

what SNR the clients are reporting for that AP radio.  This gives you an idea of the percentage of clients that are hearing it at a good level versus a bad level.

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3468771

You may want to ask specific questions regarding power and design in a forum more related to that since I am answering this from the WCS side.

Thank you for the expenation.  Five stars for you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card