cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Conversation Speed on Cisco Phones Cisco. Unity 7.0 Build 7.0(2)

tapeterson
Level 1
Level 1

I was wonder if there is a way for the end user to change the conversation speed on the phone. I have been getting some calls since the upgrade to 7 that the conversation speed (not the message playback speed) too fast or slow. I have been going to the configuration and changing it back to normal.

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/7x/release/notes/702curelnotes.html#wp62222

Hope that helps,

Brad

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the great info from my friend Brad (+5 "B")

If you don't want these "speed" settings to be sticky (which most don't). You

will have to upgrade to at least 7.1(2) to overcome this "Cisco-Internal" bug/feature request Once

you upgrade there is an Advanced>Conversations setting to allow admins to disable

the "sticky" feature.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the replys. I did read where 4 is to decrese and 6 to increse. The problem is I can not find the window of oppertunity to increaes and decrease when the "Cisco Lady" is talking. It works fine (increase and decrease) when I am listening to the message.

Thanks for your help

Hey,

I was having similar problems. Even though "99" and "97" were setup on a Custom Keymap to speed up or slow down the conversation, my users that were reporting the trouble weren't using the Custom Keymap.

I found that pressing 4 and 6 during the Message Footer ("Message Sent Date at Time"), will result in a slowing down or speeding up of the conversation.

Hope this helps!

-Brett

-Brett Lykins
#ciscochampion

Bryan Shapess
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So as mentioned as of Unity 7 and later, we now store the users speed setting for future calls.  So what that means is if they call in, speed up the playback of a message and/or a prompt, hang up and then call back in at a later time (hours, days, weeks, etc) that increased (or slowed) speed would be retained.

As this new behavior is not always desireable, we have added the ability to disable this new feature and revert back to pre Unity 7 functionality with the proper engineer special.  This is outlined in defect CSCsz93254.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: