cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7906 SIP Firmware needed and the procedure to flash the phone

omnisys2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. i recently started my ASTERISK and i ordered 4 7906 phones...   the problem is that the firmware of the phones does not support SIP and i need to change it to SIP in order to operate with ASTERISK.

The whole project is for a client and we have deadline, plus we cant say to the client to change to sipura Linksys cause he likes the phones.

Anyway, is there somewhere the firmware to download it and a small procedure of the "flashing"? We have no time for experiments.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Excuse me, this is an official Cisco forum, how you can expect to be given a link for "download" when everybody else is paying for a support contract in order to obtain software?

Sorry for getting Cisco Product...is not going to happen again....and there is no luck of paying for product that i have already paied......

This is not the best support that Cisco can provide.......

Not to defend Cisco policies by proxy, however you will find that nowhere is stated that phones are shipped with software of your choice, neither that software download is free.

That said, try calling the TAC, ask a case to be opened "for problem with new hardware with serial numbers" instead of a support contract, see if they can help with "special access".

Another problem is that not SIP releases work well with third-party servers, so full access and in-house testing is necessary before just selling.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: