cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7915 Expansion Module Firmware Loads Question.

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi just purchased a 7915 Expansion module for a Cisco 7971 phone for our front office receptionist. I've done some reading and I'm a little confused about the firmware loads. We are using CME version 7.1. The current phone load for the 7971 is "load 7971 SCCP70.8-2-2SR2S". I've read that I need to change this to version 8.3(5) or later.

I've never upgraded the firmware so I downloaded the newest load for the 7970 however, it has a bunch of files in the zip files such as:

apps70.9-0-2ES2.sbn

cnu70.9-0-2ES2.sbn

cvm70sccp.9-0-2ES2.sbn

dsp70.9-0-2ES2.sbn

jar70sccp.9-0-2ES2.sbn

SCCP70.9-0-2SR1S.loads

term70.default.loads

term71.default.loads

Do I need to TFTP all of these files to the flash and make them available to the TFTP server? Which file should I reference under the telephony-service command?

thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes - you need all of them.

The various sbn files are the actual firmware.

The .loads file is an index of the other files ( you can open it in notepad to see what I mean).

The default files are files that the phones may look for if not looking for any specific load version - they're a copy of the SCCP70.9-0-2SR1S.loads file)

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes - you need all of them.

The various sbn files are the actual firmware.

The .loads file is an index of the other files ( you can open it in notepad to see what I mean).

The default files are files that the phones may look for if not looking for any specific load version - they're a copy of the SCCP70.9-0-2SR1S.loads file)

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Oh - and under telephony-service you would refer to the .loads file name, without the .loads extension. so:

load 7970 SCCP70.9-0-2SR1S

Since there are already firmware, load files, and default files for the 7971 phone should I uninstall these files before uploading the new 7971 files? Most of the sbn, and load files have diffrent names with the exception of the exsiting default load file is named the same as the new default load file. Example below:

"term71.default.loads"

thanks,

Dan

As indicated before - don't loose time with that, 7915 doesn't work with 7971.

Hardware Requirements

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G, 7965G, and 7975G models

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/data_sheet_c78-468672.html

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The bads news is that 7971 does not support anything but a 7914.

So you will need a 7965 or 7975 for the 7915.

Then YACB (Yet Another CME Bug) that  I  found:

In recent IOS, referece the .loads file and you will not need to configure tftp-server for each file.

That is supposed to work also for sidecar firmware, but in fact it doesn't.

So you have to manually configure tftp-server for these.

Thanks for the info guys it helped!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: