DJX995
Level 3
Level 3

Model: SGE2010P

FW: 3.0.0.18

In the web GUI:

Under DHCP Snooping ---> VLAN Settings

It does not allow you to enter a VLAN higher than 4092

I configured it to listen on VLAN 4094 via the CLI just fine.

I believe this should be fixed in the web GUI.

5 Replies 5

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

The CLI is not officially supported on this platform.  We do have a lot of people who use it, however I would not want to see anyone have a production system that is not supported.  For now I would suggest to stick with what is available via the gui.

Are you running vlan ids of 4094?  It sounds like you are ...

The behavior in the gui is the supported behavior, however it appears that we are cutting you short of 2 vlans by only going up to 4092.  I will inquire internally, and see if the admin guide or gui should be cleaned up to make this more clear.

Kindest regards and thanks,

Andrew Lissitz

Yeah, I think I encountered this problem else where in the GUI as well...I can't think of where else though.

Looks like it shaves 2 VLANs off the top, should be fixed so that it allows the whole range 1-4094.

Luckily, I can use the CLI to make the changes necessary for my production environment.

I have sent some emails internally and our team has asked if you can open a case.  Can you please do this?

Many thanks

Andrew Lissitz

Yeah, I don't think I want to do that because of all the little troubleshooting steps they usually make me go through.

I buy high-end equipment so I can skip the simple stuff...they usually don't understand that.

I know it's a bug because I've already done the troubleshooting, I don't feel I should have to do the same stuff again.

I only make a call when absolutely necessary because I find the phone support for this product line very un-supportative.

At this level, I think I should get to skip the simple stuff.

If you can't submit a bug report thats fine, I'll just leave it at this.

It's no big deal, I just thought I'd let some one else know.

Ok, I will communicate this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X