cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with 911

glk.clark
Level 1
Level 1

Need a suggestion am working on cm6.1 customer has a building with 8 floors when they dial out pstn calls go through gateway at another site out its t1`s

he wants to place a router at the 8 floor building and force 911 and 9911 calls out the fxo port on this router actually each floor placing the call out a particular fxo port if you use H323 i dont think you can force 911 out a particular port on this gateway keep in mind each floor will use 1 port for 911 calls.

if you use mgcp to controll the endpoints i think you can do it but ech floor would have to have new route patterns etc so the na calls fo out the t1 and 911 goes out fxo ports on a different gateway.

Does anybody have an thoughts??????

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It can be done with either H.323 and MGCP.

I woudl personally choose the first as it give much more features, robustness, easiness of troubleshoting and interoperability.

Otherwise Cisco supports E-911 that is able to interact with dispatchers to let them know where exactly the extension that originated the call is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: