cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a problem in my network with some of IP Phones. And i need a help to solve that issue. I am working on CCM 5.0 and Cisco IP Phone 7961

sweet_rose
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on CCM 5.0 and Cisco IP Phone 7961. I have a problem at locations that when my enduser place a call to a particular IP Phone and when call is connected,end user can hear my voice but i cannot hear the voice of end user. Here is nothing related to Mute button. This problem occurs in few locations and all network IP Phones going good. Please suggest something what is wrong here as this can be major issue,and Protocol i m using is SCCP.Please ask anything related to this query that you need to solve this proble.

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to ensure proper IP routing, QoS, and bandwidth between sites that have issues.  That would be the first place to start.  Map out your network.  See which locations are OK for calls and which are not.  From there, dig into routing issues first.  One-way audio is generally an issue where one endpoint has RTP routed to the other but not vice versa.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank You Mr.Hailey,i will come back to you. As i check routing. But my All IP Phones bind on CCM. So do i need to check the routing in Routers and Switches as i am having Centralized network. There is also SRST's on each end but for Failover. Please reply

chabasimon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Just verify that the command "voice rtp send-recv" is configured on your voice gateway routers. You can also verify that you are using the correct codecs in your regions, the correct bandwith in your locations and that your IP phones are in the correct Device Pool and Location.

regards

Hi

When you are on a call to the other party, and cannot hear them, quickly press the ? key on the handset twice. This will display statistics for the call.

If you see the lost RX packets counter incrementing, you know you have a network problem.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: