Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Tones on 7937 Conference Phone

chewenyung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer with a requirement for Beep Tones for any phones that are recorded. I am not sure if it is mandantory law in Australia to enable such beep tones in the lines that are recorded. While there is such a Recording Tone option on the cisco 7975G phones, I could not find such a field for the 7937 phones. Is there any work around to provide the recording beep tones for the conference phones? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

traqglow
Level 1
Level 1

This posted question is a bit out-dated, however I will try to revive it as others may benifit if a solution is found. I'm now running into this same issue. I can't setup recording tones for my CP-7937G. I can pull up the recording tone options for my 7945's and 7961's within CUCM "Product Specific Configuration Layout", however this option does not exist for a CP-7937G device options within CUCM. If anyone has any idea how to get the recording tone to play for the CP-7937/G, please let us know. My CP-7937G is currently running Software Version  1.3(4), BootROM Version  1.0 under CUCM 7.1. I really need this as, it's currently a NY State Law, all parties must be notified if they are being recorded.

Thanks.

I know this is an older thread, but an answer was never given.  Is it fair to say that the recording tone option is not available for this phone.

If you are running firmware version 1.4.1 there are recording tones on 7937 phones. 

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte26533

Hey Joe, that's it! Thanks for the quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: