Assistance with Sawmill Custom Reports

Unanswered Question
Mar 11th, 2010

After successfully implementing a pair of S650 WSAs, I am now being asked by our management for various reports.  I have produced a number of custom Sawmill reports which provide most of the information needed, but I am having trouble trying to produce one report.  The requirement is to show a breakdown of sites vsisited for each user, including the time spent, by month, such as in this example:

Time spent

Total per month

Joe Bloggs

1.30 hrs

Joe Bloggs

45 mins

Joe Bloggs

25 mins

2.40 hrs

Paul Smith

3.45 hrs

Paul Smith

25 mins

Paul Smith

4  mins

Paul Smith

12.3.10 .com

2 mins

5.15 hrs

I have looked at using a Report Element of "Table with Sub-table" and, while this would work for sessions/hits, it won't show the time fields as these only appear to be available in the "Sessions" report elements.  Any help or advice on how to accomplish this task would be greatly appreicated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tidavids Wed, 03/17/2010 - 15:22

I don't believe it is possible due to some functional constraints within Sawmill.  Tables/sub-tables work well with standard reports elements that have strings or counters - but not when Sawmill needs to sessionalize the data and calculate time usage.

KevinBoyle Thu, 03/18/2010 - 07:14

Thanks for the advice Tim, I can now stop spending time trying to generate an impossible report.  I will just have to use the "Time by Server" report and filter it for a single user, although with over 600 people in our company, I will need to pick specific targets rather than produce reports covering everyone!

This Discussion

Related Content