cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance with Sawmill Custom Reports

KevinBoyle
Level 1
Level 1

After successfully implementing a pair of S650 WSAs, I am now being asked by our management for various reports.  I have produced a number of custom Sawmill reports which provide most of the information needed, but I am having trouble trying to produce one report.  The requirement is to show a breakdown of sites vsisited for each user, including the time spent, by month, such as in this example:

Name

Date

Website

Time spent

Total per month

Joe Bloggs

www.e-bay.co.uk

1.30 hrs

Joe Bloggs

www.First Choice.co.uk

45 mins

Joe Bloggs

www.Boats4us.com

25 mins

2.40 hrs

Paul Smith

www.Facebook.com

3.45 hrs

Paul Smith

www.gjw.co.uk

25 mins

Paul Smith

www.fashion.com

4  mins

Paul Smith

www.fashion .com

2 mins

5.15 hrs

I have looked at using a Report Element of "Table with Sub-table" and, while this would work for sessions/hits, it won't show the time fields as these only appear to be available in the "Sessions" report elements.  Any help or advice on how to accomplish this task would be greatly appreicated.

Regards,

Kev

2 Replies 2

tidavids
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe it is possible due to some functional constraints within Sawmill.  Tables/sub-tables work well with standard reports elements that have strings or counters - but not when Sawmill needs to sessionalize the data and calculate time usage.

~Tim

Thanks for the advice Tim, I can now stop spending time trying to generate an impossible report.  I will just have to use the "Time by Server" report and filter it for a single user, although with over 600 people in our company, I will need to pick specific targets rather than produce reports covering everyone!

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: