Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 7925G Phones and EAP-FAST and AES

greg.murray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was reading  through the Admin Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0(1) for the Cisco 7925G Wireless Phone and discovered that if you select the Authentication Type on the Phone as EAP-FAST then it supports WEP and TKIP. I was wondering if it does not support this mode with AES and if so has anyone run this deployment?

I ask this because I have deployed this and notice that we get numerous Authentication Failures and Errors on the phones and they lock up periodically with a message;

Authentication Failed!

Your user credentials may be incorrect

Profile: Profile 1

When I enter the new original password for the account it still does not authenticate.

As a test I have also run a new SSID with EAP-FAST and TKIP and I get no such problems

Regards

Greg

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, they support AES.  Try configuring the phone for AKM.  Keep in mind that CCKM with AES is not supported until 1.3.4.

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using 1.3.4 with WLC firmware 6.0.196.0.  I've enabled WPA2 with AES and works pretty good!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, they support AES.  Try configuring the phone for AKM.  Keep in mind that CCKM with AES is not supported until 1.3.4.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Using 1.3.4 with WLC firmware 6.0.196.0.  I've enabled WPA2 with AES and works pretty good!

Hi

I have upgraded the phones to 1.3(4) and this resloves the error message I received on the phones. I was aware of that CCKM was not supported with AES but following the upgrade all is good.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: