Helpful
Replies

Help configuring QoS for Publisher /unity

carloszzz27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

THanks for the help in advance.

I need to configure QoS over a LAN  and a need something about configuring the fasethernet  port where Publisher are plug and also for Unity.

If i configure with auto qos voip trust and msl qos trust dscp is ok ?¨or a need to configure a policy map?

thanks

Carlos

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Assuming you are using autoqos throughout the rest of your network, the comands you've suggested should be fine.

As you're probably aware, the CCM/Unity boxes won't be marking CoS (as there is no trunk on the port) so you need to trust DSCP.

You could use a service policy, but it's generally not worth the additional effort for these devices which you can consider trusted...

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks ,another doubt..

If a execute only mls qos trust dscp ?without auto qos voip trust ...Is correct?

I have my cisco press QoS 642-642 i have see this command in  many scenarios ..e.g configuring qos between two trust boundaries,

Thanks once again,

Carlos

Hi Carlos

auto qos... commands are just fancy macros really.

As you have suggested, the important command in this case is 'mls qos trust dscp'.

However - applying the auto qos command also generates any global configuration (i.e. queue mappings, cos-dscp/dscp-cos maps etc) and any scheduling settings that are required. So if you have a server switch on which you haven't configured any qos yet, it will set up settings consistent with your edge switches where you have applied auto qos.

If you have other ports set up for auto qos on this switch you could just apply 'mls qos trust dscp'... however it's safer (and looks nicer/easier to read) if you apply the auto qos then the trust dscp commands.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: