cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 client to site tunnel IP address?

kbschmidt7700
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded the latest firmware (as of Feb 15, 2010) for my RVS4000 and the latest client on my laptop. I am able to successfully connect via the QVPNC, which is great.

I am not able to pull an IP address from my RVS4000 network (192.168.1.1). I am on a network that is 192.168.10.x and I am still pulling the 192.168.10.x address.

Is there a way to setup my RVS4000 router so that I can get a 192.168.1.x address from my local LAN?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

After looking into the possibility of this working with our products, I've determined that with the Small Business products it's just not possible. Unfortunately the vpn wouldn't support any type of dhcp relay that would allow one of your local machines to become a client of the remote network. You could try assigning the local machine with a static ip address in the dhcp scope of the remote site, but I doubt this would work as the local router would discard a packet it couldn't recognize.

I did ask a couple of engineers on this, and it does appear our enterprise products may have the capability of doing this.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that our Small Business Products currently support this feature, and I doubt it's currently on the roadmap; any feedback or opinion from anyone else is more than welcome.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: