Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Power Cord

nprdomingo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currenty installing a TP 3200 but discovered that the power cord is not compatible to our country standard socket. The one that arrived is PWR-CORD10-NA. We are planning to use a 3rd party adapter for the wall socket but my biggest question is, will it not pass to the cisco TP certification because of the power adapted on the wall socket? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/cts_3210/assembly_guide/3210_regional_parts.html

Which country you are?

Above URL shows different PWR-CORD10-XX types we have.

m_ikhan01
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest just to replace the wall socket.

Using a power adapter could mean, specially a lower quality adapter, you run the risk of:

- the power cord being loosely-fitted in the wall socket

- adapter doesn't meet the Amps specification required for the power cord & it heats-up during extended use

We've faced similar issue where the order went through with the wrong power cords. It's much simpler and faster to change the wall socket then ordering replacement power cords.

I believe you need to be more concerned about meeting the dedicated power circuit requirement than the power cord.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: