cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rme out of sync filter

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Can I filter out of sync report in RME?? For example when the router has the different ntp clock-period in the running config and the startup

config - the out of sync is generated for this device. So I have to a lot of out of sync devices and I have to click on all difs for searching the difference between run and start:-( Thanks Roman

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can configure a set of commands (called exclude commands) which are ignored when RME does configuration diffs.  This is done under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands.

I know it. By default there is "ntp clock-period" in this exclude command, but I still see out of sync for this value:-( I think that the exclude commands are only for archive management (config change - polling and saving config into archive) and it is not applicable for run and startup comparism. Thanks.

The exclude commands also affect the out-of-sync summary.  If you have commands excluded, but still see an out-of-sync diff for that command, then there is something wrong in RME.  Have you performed a new sync archive?  Does the job complete successfully?  What version of RME are you using?

also, verify that this command is really there for all your device types / devi ce groups like "Switches and _Hubs", "Routers" and the Module Parts (neccessary for some supervisors!). In the past I observed several times that this string was missing..