cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 4.2 User associated with all devices?

andrepeters
Level 1
Level 1

I have a TAPI application which needs the Cisco TSP to log into Call Manager (v4.2) using an account which has access to all devices (so that the application can make calls from any device).

(1) Would it cause any problems (e.g. performance) to associate a Call Manager user with say 1,000 devices?

(2) Is there a better way to enable TAPI to make calls from any Call manager device?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's quite common for this type of thing to be configured for application such as ARC (for monitoring line status mainly in that case) and others..

There is a 'allow cti control of all devices' in new CCM versions, but I believe the app has to be coded to use that.

So for many you have no choice but to associate the phones... can become a pain administratively.

There are limits on the number of devices you can monitor - I think it's 2500 per CCM (i.e. per TSP instance).

Like everything else, it adds load to your server, but how much depends on how busy you/it is.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's quite common for this type of thing to be configured for application such as ARC (for monitoring line status mainly in that case) and others..

There is a 'allow cti control of all devices' in new CCM versions, but I believe the app has to be coded to use that.

So for many you have no choice but to associate the phones... can become a pain administratively.

There are limits on the number of devices you can monitor - I think it's 2500 per CCM (i.e. per TSP instance).

Like everything else, it adds load to your server, but how much depends on how busy you/it is.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Many thanks for your helpful reply.

Armed with the information you provided, I found the "CTI Super Provider" in the Call Manager 4.2 System guide, which I hope will meet my needs.

Regards

André

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: