cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade LMS 3.2 from 3.0

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

We just order LMS 3.2 installation DVD from Cisco. So we will upgrade it from 3.0. Based on the Cisco document, before I upgrade it, I need to stop service and backup data. All of data will be automatically migrated to new version with local installation. I think data backup is only for data loss in case.

BTW, stop service is only "net stop crmdmgtd" I think.

Other than that, should I pay attention to do anything else? please advice.

Thanks a lot!

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have read the release notes and install guide carefully, and that you meet all requirements for LMS 3.2.  Also, make sure you are installing as a local Administrator on the server's console.  Make sure you have temporarily disabled anti-virus software, and that you have set the TEMP and TMP environment variables to something short like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are running on Windows (as implied by your citing the "net stop" command), and AREN'T yet running an x64 version of the server OS, I would recommend you do so. CiscoWorks will be much more responsive if you load your server with RAM that x64 versions can address. The capex cost will pay back manifold in opex savings and general usability improvement.

Also take care to note the swap file needs to be manually set if/when running Windows Server 2008. Several earlier threads have covered this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco