cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Calendar shortcut?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I cant remember if this is correct, but I thought one time a Cisco TAC engineer told me I could do the following:  (not you Michael, but any help would be great!)

Double click to the Lock i the corner

View the Cert

Save the cert.

Use this CERT to upload to the CUPS server for Exchange access.

If I use Makecert, then the Exchange Admin will have to upload this the Exchange server...  (security paranoid)   The process will be long and painful to make it go through.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I was trying to understand what you tried to do. 

The first part you were talking about how to get the CA cert for the Exchange.

The 2nd part you were talking about how to generate a cert for the Exchange.

Michael

Sorry, random day here writing documents.

So to *get* the cert instead of generating a new one, I could use the steps below.  Download the existing cert from Exchange using OWA through Firefox.

Then upload this cert to CUPS.   I did this 2 years ago (if I recall it was even this way) and it worked..

The cert I download should have the correct name for CUPS to resolve the name of the Exchange server SSL correct?

Or is this not right and I should bite the bullet and use the makecert program and create a new cert for CUPS/Exchange to use?

Thanks!

First of all, if the *right* certificate has already installed on Exchange, you don't have to generate one.  You just need to install the CA cert on CUPS.

"Right" means the cert was issued by a CA (Certificate Authority).

So the simple question would be "where did you get that Exchange certificate from"?  Was it from Verisign, GoDaddy, or a local CA server?  If the answer is "I don't know" or "it's already there after I installed Exchange", it's probably not a "right" certificate.

If it's not a "right" certificate, then you have couple options:

1. Buy a certificate from Verisign, GeoTrust, GoDaddy or any well-know CA.

or

2. Install your own CA server

or

3. Use makecert.exe to create a cert

=== until to this point, we are still talking about "get the right certificate installed on Exchange" ====

Once you got the right certificate installed on the Exchange, the next step is to get the CA cert intalled on CUPS.

CA cert means the certificates with the name of CA (instead of the one with the name of Exchange).

Michael

Thanks Michael

As always, very helpful.   I will need to check with client and see whats up with their Exchange org.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: