cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID on UC520

kgrant3120
Level 1
Level 1

Here is what I would like to do.  Setup outbound caller ID for specific extensions.  Example x4400 has inbound DID of xxx-xxx-4400 I would like for when this phone makes an outside call the receiving party sees xxx-xxx-4400 on his or her phone NOT or main number like is now.  I do not see where I can change that in CCA.

I persnally know little about CLI.  If this needs to be done through CLI then maybe some info on making these changes would be nice.  I would enjoy learning CLI anyhow.

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCA 2.2.2 (but it was there in 2.2.1 too I think).  Telephony:Outgoing Dial Plan, second tab, bottom.  CLick Help.

This may be possible I think.

If its a SIP trunk, this may not work, since changing this will adjust the FROM header in the SIP invite and the S.P. may reject unknown From header values...

Steve

Sorry for the delay on responding.  I think I have something incorrect.  I am running CCA2.2.4 currently.

Outgoing dialing plan I am using north american 7-digit

PSTN Trunk Group is T!/E1 - longest idle Members are on the T1.

Now when I click apply I get an error at the bottom of the window "Caller ID Main PSTN is Required"  Ok I am lost on that one.

Now my Caller ID tab.  Says the following. "Caller ID Configuration is not needed.  FXO trunks handle Caller ID Automatically"  I have disabled the FXO ports also.

Steve, I know were you are talking about the options you posted earlier.  I have another UC520 in another branch and I see were I can change the OUtbound Caller ID on an Extension level.

I think I am missing something in the config here on the machine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: