Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I LB my LDAP servers thru ACE that is already LB JDE servers

There is a problem that I am hoping I can resolve with my ACE 4710. presently I am load balancing my JDE  servers in routed mode, all working ok.

the problem is for some reason if the LDAP server fails( picked up via DNS) the JDE server it will not go to another one.

So I was hoping to use the 4710 to give high availability of the available LDAP servers, this will work in the reverse diretion to the current setup.

So if I  create another Context with input from the JDE servers going to port 389 of a VIP which would then point to a server farm containing the LDAP servers.

I am worried if I set this up there will be inteference between the 2 contexts, has anybody done anything like this?

3 Replies 3

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You can load balance LDAP on the ACE in the same, or different, context as your JDE VIP is hosted.  The cannot does not have any layer-7 fixups to make load balancing decisions, but it does have LDAP inspection which is more of a security feature than a load balancing feature.  The pre-made TCL script probes available from the Software download page also contains an LDAP probe that you can use to verify the health of the LDAP servers.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Sean,

Thanks for your input, got me on the right track

Regards

Richard.

Thanks Sean

got me on the right track, I  now LB my LDAP servers, but the LDAP_PROBE fails I think this is because the LDAP servers require authentication,

is there anyway of plugging in a Username/password into the LDAP_PROBE script

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: