cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Antenna Configuration option (antenna gain value dB)

Hi,

Any of you can clear a doubt about what antenna gain value dB (for external antenna configuration)
I should define in the field where the range is if (-128 to 128) I have a 1242 AP ,I'm using an antenna 1728 (5.2 dBi)

and I would like to have the máximun EIRP.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Setting the gain there will not change your EIRP.  That is used for information purposes if you have a WLSE.  So to get the most out of your setup, you would set your TX power to 100mW (20dBm).  You maximum EIRP is your TX in dBm plus your antenna gain minus connectors, cable and or lightning protection.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Setting the gain there will not change your EIRP.  That is used for information purposes if you have a WLSE.  So to get the most out of your setup, you would set your TX power to 100mW (20dBm).  You maximum EIRP is your TX in dBm plus your antenna gain minus connectors, cable and or lightning protection.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi scott,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

5 points for you.

Regards

Hi Scott,

As WLSE is end of sales: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3915/index.html

We would keep this setting for Cisco Prime infrastructure?

What PI will do with this gain value (-128 : 128) ? Why we should enter this value when using external antennas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: