Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Issues: Config Status & Config Archive

justserve
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

1. While trying to generate Device Manageability Status Report, I noticed that the Config Status of all devices is Failed. The reason for the failure on all the device is as follows:

Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.180.9.172 -Cause: Authentication  failed on device 3 times Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

Can anyone help with the solution to this?

2. Also, the RME Collection Status as shown in the attachment shows that no archive was successfully collected on any of the devices. How can I resolve this issue?

3. How do I generate a report of Configuration Changes performed by users from RME?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error typically means you have not filled in the correct credentials for the devices in DCR.  In order to fetch configs from devices you need to populate the SNMP read-write credentials and/or the telnet/SSH username, password, and enable password.

Once you have configs getting archived, and assuming you're sending syslog messages from your devices to RME, you can run a Change Audit (within RME) report to see the config changes that have been made by your users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: