Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager (for ASA)

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have a Cisco Security Manager that i use to make changes on 2 corporate firewalls.  The idea is that both firewalls will get the same set of rules applied to both when making any changes.

I am trying to push a VPN update to both today.  One takes the changes ok but the other one is saying it is out of band.  It also said to send a file to Cisco:

'  Task for ASA-Bretland started at 11-Mar-2010 16:31:37 PST
Deployment failed due to an internal error in plugin com.cisco.nm.vms.provision.pix.ravpn.RaVpnServicePlugin. Please Select Tools->Security Manager Diagnostics and send the file to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center.
Task for ASA-Bretland ended at 11-Mar-2010 16:31:57 PST  '

Anyone have any quick win ideas.  Usually it pushes across no problem.

regards,

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kevin,

for CSM I guess you may find a better response in the "Network Management" forum.

Having said that... which CSM version are you running?

What do you mean exactly with "is saying it is out of band". Can you copy the exact message please?

Can you check the vmsbesvcs.log file for an exception at the time you tried to deploy?

Did you already try to deploy again? Is it failing consistently?

Herbert

Deployment failed due to an internal error in plugin com.cisco.nm.vms.provision.pix.ravpn.RaVpnServicePlugin. Please Select Tools Security Manager Diagnostics and send the file to the Cisco Technical Assistance Centre

Maybe i just need to send the 40 mb file over to Cisco Tac

regards,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card