cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

window is locked up when i click on properties of call subflow step.

bsomalraju
Level 1
Level 1

window is locked up when i click on properties of call subflow step.is there anything i need to do on my system.using version UCCX editor 7.0(1.099).

6 Replies 6

bsomalraju
Level 1
Level 1

and my OS is XP pro.

I've noticed the same behavior.   The CPU goes to 100% and you have to wait quite awhile before the system becomes responsive again.

It occurs when you have several (5 or more) subflows and each subflow has several (10 or more) variables associated that exist in one script.  My guess is that there is some inefficent algorithm at work on the order of O(n) squared that takes such a long time to execute.  It gets worse the more subflows you add.

If Cisco would be so kind as to look into this matter I think we'd all be appreciative.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Cisco is likely to look into that only if you open a case with a valid support contract, and are persistent and vocal enough to have it escalated to the proper engineering group.

True enough.  However it is only a minor annoyance and I'd rather Cisco focus on other things.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Did you use the compatability wizard on the installation of the program? If not, use it to run the program as Windows 2000 and see if your problems go away. The notes for the program say its a must. I use it on windows 7 64 bit and had issues like that and many others until in ran it through the compatability wizard as Win2000.

Edit: did not see your version correctly. Win2000 is NOT a must. I cannot brain, i have the dumb.

thanks for all the replies.And it is not small issue when you are dealing with lot's of scripts.in our case we have hundreds of scripts. Anyway i did open a ticket with Cisco and they suggested workaround and created Defect ticket(ID is CSCti03682) so they can fix in their next release patch. copying the response from cisco email for work around -

"

The issue occurs when you open a script from the repository. This is because all scripts are listed twice in two different formats.  For example yyy.aef will be listed as "yyy.aef" and SCRIPT[yyy.aef]. So 100 scripts get listed twice so that makes it 200.
Also some amount of parsing is done which takes time. Now whether this should be removed is currently being discussed and determined.

As an interim workaround, you can save the repository script on the file system and make changes. You can upload the script after the changes have been made. This will cut down the issue with the subflow step considerably

"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: