cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple question about SPA9000 on private IP network?

pstraub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to create a small VoIP test environment, using the SPA9000. I have a small, private, routed IP network (a couple remote sites over a Frame Relay network). Again, no ISP, all private addressing and private routers and switches. I would have the SPA9K PBX at main site, along with a few phones, all on same VLAN/subnet. I would like to have a couple more phones at each remote site, obviously on different LANs and subnets. Security is not a concern, just wondering if the remote phones could register and use the services of the SPA9K. They will of course have IP connectivity. Does anyone know if this would be supported with one SPA9000 system? Bottom line is I want to make VoIP calls from remote site to main site (again, no ISP or ITSP involved). Thanks so much for any comments.

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

We've had customers set this up using a VLAN and it works just as if it was on the same LAN.  No issues reported.

Thanks for the reply nseto. I just wanted to be sure that IP phones can still use the SPA9000 from a different subnet (going thru a router). Is that what you are saying in your response? Thanks again, Paul

What you'll need to do is to use a VPN so the phones on the outside will have the same subnet addressing as the internal phones.

Thanks very much for the response.  Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: