cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Voicemail Box Issues

kgrant3120
Level 1
Level 1

One of our remote sites has an issue with voicemail boxes.  All extensions when called are getting the same message "There is no mailbox associated with this extension.  We have rebooted the UC520 but still nothing.  I hve checked in CCA and CE guis and all extensions have mailboxes.  This site has been up and runnning for several months.  It seemed like one day they cam in and people were complaining about this issue.

Any thoughts!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a remote teleworker site, where users are configured on the host UC500, or is this a multisite with two different UC500s?

Are you using CCA for your configuration and what release (bundle zip) are you running?

View solution in original post

I was asking because when I built my first multisite (manually, before we had the multisite manager (MSM) in CCA 2.2, I had experienced the case where my transfers to voice mail would do the same thing, when I dialed a multisite call to an extension that didnt exist on my voice mail, but existed at the other side.

In other words, I had different extension ranges (not really required, but how I ran into this).

What it ended up being was the H450 call control not set right, and that call was actually going to MY voice mail 9CUE) not the site I was calling.

It eneded up being these settings, which are reflected from a multisite I built 2 weeks ago in my bab using CCA MSM, so we know this is good:

Check these three settings in your config.....

voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to sip
no supplementary-service h450.2
no supplementary-service h450.3
supplementary-service h450.12
sip
  no update-callerid

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a remote teleworker site, where users are configured on the host UC500, or is this a multisite with two different UC500s?

Are you using CCA for your configuration and what release (bundle zip) are you running?

11111.JPG

Hey Steve, No this not a teleworker site.  This is another site with UC520 installed.  So what I decided to do this evening was upgrade the box  origianl version on CUE was 3.0 We just upgraded the UC520 to software pack 8.0.1 which put CUE at 7.1.3  So I tried every extension on the system.  Each phone has 4 rings and then I get the message "There is no mailbox associates with this extension.  Wait while I transfer you. "  This system has been up and running since december 2009.  Last week on thursday is when folks started complaining about not being able to get into their voicemail box.  I have even tried deletting and rebuilding a voicemail box, but that did not help either.  It's almost as if CME does not know to talk to CUE.  Hope this info helps!

GO in via CLI and get a show running... a post it (at least the ephone-dn's and ephones)...

also once in type "service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session" and logon to CUE and post that or compare to the extensions in the ephone-dn.

Also if you have two sides and they are two UC520's do they have a site to site VPN between them?  Did you recently get a site to site VPN working?  Maybe the UC520's CUE sides are on the same subnet and you are going to the other sides VM when you hit the VM button??

Is it only for calls that are site to site extension dialed that exhibit this or even local calls made at the local site?

Thats a great question Steve.  Here is what I found out When site A dials site B's four digit extension we get that greeting noted previously.  No when you call Site B's DID or dial their extension through the AA you get their voicemail box fine.  So now I am thinking it something that wen crazy on 2600 router.  I don't think it is the Configs on either the of the two UC520 because we are hitting Site B extensions.

I was asking because when I built my first multisite (manually, before we had the multisite manager (MSM) in CCA 2.2, I had experienced the case where my transfers to voice mail would do the same thing, when I dialed a multisite call to an extension that didnt exist on my voice mail, but existed at the other side.

In other words, I had different extension ranges (not really required, but how I ran into this).

What it ended up being was the H450 call control not set right, and that call was actually going to MY voice mail 9CUE) not the site I was calling.

It eneded up being these settings, which are reflected from a multisite I built 2 weeks ago in my bab using CCA MSM, so we know this is good:

Check these three settings in your config.....

voice service voip
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to sip
no supplementary-service h450.2
no supplementary-service h450.3
supplementary-service h450.12
sip
  no update-callerid

EXACTLY WHY I ASKED ABOUT SITE TO SITE VPN   VOICE NETWORKENETWORKS COULD BE ON SAME SUBNET  10.1.1.X AND 10.1.10.X SO WHEN YOU GET TRANSFERED TO VM YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO THE WRONG UC500 (YOIRYOUR OWN  AND NOT THE REMOTE SIDE $ 

The all caps is hurting my ears :-)

TYPING FTOMFROM IPHONE  FORUM TEXT BIXBOX MAKING CAPS  SORRY:)

Our IT guy is coming out today to look at this issue with me.  I will post our findings later.  Thank you folks for your replys and interest in helping me resolve this issue.  Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed!!!

Thank you folks for taking the time to help me out here.  Both responses were very helpful.  Steve you were correct on the line of code NO SUPPLIMENT.  We looked at previous configs we had on file and everything was there.  For some reason it dissapeared last week sometime.  Go firgure.  Anyhow again thank you all for your help.  We are back up and running at all four sites.

Pleasure.

Please Private Mesage me with your "Partner name" and topology of this deployment.

Steve

AND THANK YOU JOHN  :-)))   LOL

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Partner stated answered

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: