cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2

reabinc_reabinc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PAP2 that has been running perfectly with a 3CX phone server for more than a month.  Today, it stopped with all lights (execpt lan) flashing 3 short, 2 long, 3 short.

I've read elsewhere that this means the firmware is corrupt.  I've found a firmware recovery tool from this site (rec-pap2-3-1-22-LS), but when I enter the serial number from my PAP2, I get 'recovery failed: cannot find the specified device'

I've checked from my dhcp server that the MAC address on the PAP2 unit matches the most recent IP lease (192.168.1.206).  Would it matter that there is another existing machine with a lease on 192.168.1.100?  The PC I'm using to recover is at 192.168.1.9.

Ideas to restore reality?

reabinc

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Check the product name in the info tab of the web UI.  If it shows PAP2-NA, then the recovery tool looks like the right one.  If it's PAP2T, then please look for the pap2t version of the recovery software.

I would check the Web UI to verify that it is not the PAP2T version, however, when powered up, I get SOS lights, ie:

Line1,Line2,Power (red), flash - 3 short, 2 long, 3 short.

And the unit does not request an IP address from DHCP.

My issue seems to be the serial number on the info tab seems not to be the correct one...  I would like a tool to send the request to every PAP on the network... Send a request for every serial until it gets a response?

Just for kicks, I tried the PAP2T version:  no dice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: