cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Configuring Local Disk Controller

andrew_johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We are testing a UCS, and when we are trying to apply a service profile to 2 of the blade servers we are getting this error"Error Configuring Local Disk Controller"  We tried to assigne a SCRUB policy on the 2 local drives , we tried to swtich from raid 1 to no raid, nothing so far works.   we are running 1.1(1l)  Does anyone have any ideas to try?

Thanks

Andrew

3 Replies 3

Milos Brkic
Level 1
Level 1

I was having this problem, and I just found out that the local drive was showing as 'Wrg type' in the LSI config utility. I am not sure what causes this, but pulling the drive out and putting it back in fixed it (according to this IBM support page?! http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5078970&brandind=5000008)

You can check that this is the problem by going into the BIOS set-up, disabling the quite boot option, then on the next boot the LSI startup will show up and you can enter that with a Ctr-C. Once in there go to RAID set-up and try to make a mirror volume. This is where I saw the 'Wrg type' on one of the local drives.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,  we did finally get to open up a TAC ticket and that what it was for us too.   We went into the LSI raid say the error on the drive reseated the drive and bang we were good.   Funny we all came to this about the same time.

Andrew

moabbasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ALL,

I am also facing this same error and with running code 1.3(1c). I see that its a known caveat:

Symptom   FSM gets stuck in an Error Configuring the Local Disk Controller state due to various underlying conditions. Those can include but are not limited to the following:

The Local Disks not getting discovered correctly or are "available/presence-Equipped" but not in a Ready state.

Failures that can't be correctly communicated to Cisco UCS Manager can get reported as this type of error.

Workaround   Remove and insert all of the local disks from the failing server, then re-acknowledge the server. (CSCta45805)

Refer: http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/ucs_22863.html#wp56469

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card