Unity Message Monitoring No Audio For Remote Site IP Phones

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2010

I have Unity Message Monitoring running on a Unity 7.0 server and it works fine with IP Phones located at the same site via G.711. It also works fine with Remote Message Monitoring phones (Cell Phones configured via Message Notification Device Phone 6). But it does not work with IP Phones at remote sites via G.729. The Unity server is configured to support G.711 and G.729 and I'm not sure if my problem has anything to do with Codecs. The reason being is because the Remote Message Monitoring to cell phones is working fine and we send in all external calls from the PSTN to Unity as G.729 via our SIP Trunk and the Remote Message Monitoring media stream going out to the cell phone is G.729 with no Transcoding resource being used.

Is anyone else having problems with Message Monitoring to IP Phones at remote sites that normally use G.729 for WAN based calls? If not, do you have your Unity setup to run G.711 and G.729 or do you have it set to G.711 only and use a MRGL with a Transcoding resource?

Thank You,

Mike Shelley

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion