Replies

CiscoWorks Campus Manager 5.2

hanimolani
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have ciscoworks LMS 3.2

when I use topology view to see my network map

the map wont update my links real time..

for example when one of my routers get down the site shows the router green and connected

any hint pleasE?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Campus Manager topology view is not a real time (or near real time) network management screen like Nagios, Zenoss, Solarwinds Orion, HP Openview Network Node Manager or CA Unicenter. It indicates device properties and devices' relationship with other devices (i.e., the topology). Via that visual representation it serves as a launch point for many of the other LMS tools (via right-clicking on an object).

The green state of an icon or link indicates that the device or connected interfaces were reachable during the last data acquisition. Campus Manager does not have the feature of changing the color based on a ping (or snmp trap or syslog message being received). It will change color based on device reachability (over the defined transport mechanism) and the status of connections discerned via CDP neighbor tables.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Campus Manager topology view is not a real time (or near real time) network management screen like Nagios, Zenoss, Solarwinds Orion, HP Openview Network Node Manager or CA Unicenter. It indicates device properties and devices' relationship with other devices (i.e., the topology). Via that visual representation it serves as a launch point for many of the other LMS tools (via right-clicking on an object).

The green state of an icon or link indicates that the device or connected interfaces were reachable during the last data acquisition. Campus Manager does not have the feature of changing the color based on a ping (or snmp trap or syslog message being received). It will change color based on device reachability (over the defined transport mechanism) and the status of connections discerned via CDP neighbor tables.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: