Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO PORT COUNT

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

just a simple question. We have a customer that requires 80 Analogue PSTN trunks to be terminated and im trying to see what other options there are other that multiple routers and the HDA-6FXO= along with the Network modules.

Are there any options for a 4500 switch that would be able to handle this?

P.S they are sticking with this an not converting to Digital.

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no single Cisco product that can host that many analog CO lines.

Why? Because anybody that needs that many lines, goes digital: cheaper, more robust, more features.

By the way, everytime I work on a system using analog, there are problems, every single time.

But you said they don't want that.

So you better choice is using either a channel bank, or a multiport FXO/FXS converter, live with the additional cost and cumbersomeness.

Beleive me when i say i agee 100% with what youre saying. This is however a tender and the customer has stated that this MUST be a requirement.They may or may not choose to go Digital (Of which we advised) but for now i have to go with what they requested with input of the other possible options

For now Ive specified QTY 2 3845 Rtrs

EVM-HD-8FXS/DID - QTY 6

EM-HDA-6FXO - qty 11

thanks

Check channel banks or multiport FXS/FSO converters, I'm afraid that is the only way to stay competitive using Cisco in a tender, others will propose anybrand VGs and may have an edge over your bid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: