Replies

Printing through Wirless Network

a7mad_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

i have the following problem ...

we have printers on local network 192.168.100.XXX ....<-- DHCP is disables

our Cisco Wirless LAN Controller is on different network 192.168.105.XXX .... <-- DHCP enabled

the wirless device is connected to the local network switch 192.168.100.2 so its having the same gateway as the local network.

How can I enable printing through wireless.

awaiting your prompt feedback guys.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm no expert of the make and model of your printer but can your printer "print" from two different networks?  What wireless configurations have you done to the printer?

heey there ,,,

that's the problem am facing ... i have an HP Printer but no wireless option is there ...

but i was  thinking that since the two networks have the same GW ... there might be a way of allowing wireless users to print through local printers.

I'm getting lost here.  Can you post your network diagram?

i hope this is clear ...

so can what configuration i have to enable any wirless user to print through local printers.

Printer doesn't have wireless !!

i am not trying to give you a hard time but i really need your help in this.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure inter-VLAN routing on your 3560 switch.

I agree with Leo.... if your 3560 has no L3 or you don't have routing configured to pass traffic from one subnet to another, your wireless users will be isolated from the rest of the network.  Maybe just put the wireless in the same subnet as the printers and switch and be done with it.

Nice colorful fonts:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: