Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable user login on IPCommunicator with CUCM 6

Hi team,

Could any one advise me how to enable user login on Cisco IP Communicator 7 soft phone which automatically registered with CUCM 6?

1. I have created a user with pwd, PIN

2. associated it to a phone

when i reset the phones I couldnt see login feature under IP Communicator Services.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If this is for EM i'd recommend you to go thru the EM config guide, you need to enable EM on IPC and subscribe it to the EM service.

Otherwise you need to provide a clear explanation of what you're trying to do.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

Thank you for your answer. yes I mean EM.

I have followed the steps for EM service.

I end up with error "

XML Error [4] Parse Error

could you advise me how to correct this?

Sanjeev

Hi

Try browsing to the URL you have set up for the EM service, but with the device name in place of the ##DEVICENAME## part.

See whether you get an error.

You have also have misconfigured the URL; ensure you have the full thing.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi team,

Thank you for your support.

I could able to login to phone but no logout or any other options under services.

A message displayed all the time (even after reboot the phone):

"to setup speed dials on your phone please go to https://192.168.0.121/cmusers/showHome.do"

when i tried to login to cisco user options (above URL) , couldnt login.

this end user is part of standard CTI users/CTI secure user/end user groups.

but thank you for your support so far. I am almost there now.

Sanjeev

Hi

The second part of the config is that you need to subscribe the Device Profile associated with the user to the Extension Mobility service - this then logs out the user when you select it.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: