cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPAXXG / Speed dial / Asterisk 1.4

michael
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured line keys of the SPA509G and SPA525G to speed dial an EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER as follow:

fnc=sd;usr=0819522442

The line key LED is green on both phones but unfortuanlty the speed dial is only working with the SPA525G. The SPA509G is doing nothing when pressing the key.

The dial plans for both phones are identical and I can't find any other difference in the configuration. Both phones are on the latest firmware level (7.4.3).

Best regards,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I tried with fnc=sd;usr=106 and it works on 525 but not on 504.

So on my 504, I added @$PROXY to the 106 so my 504 has fnc=sd;usr=106@$PROXY and that worked.  I will write up this issue for dev asking why the difference between the 525 and 50x series.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Sounds like you got this one working as per https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/10877?tstart=0

No, the solution of the other problem (call pickup) did not solve this one! And I think it can't be a problem with Elastix this time since it's working with the SPA525G.

The speed dial function for outside phone numbers only is still not woking with my SPA509G.

Please send the config file of both units for comparison, the easiest way to view is by saving in html format.  Using your browser, do a Save As, html.  Just be sure to login as admin/advanced.  All the tabbed pages will be saved.  Also please send a debug log of both units so we can see the difference when the button is pressed.  thanks.

I am attaching both html-config-files.

Unfortunately I can run the debuging because I don't have a debug server in place. I tried to download the slogsrv.exe from the following link, but I don't have a partner login.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/sales_marketing_resources/smb/documents/syslog_server_for_spa_devices.zip

I've contacted already the company I bought the phones from to get this file, but I am still waiting for an answer.

Okay, I've got the file now and setup the server already. I am attaching the log file.

Difference I see is BLF DNS Enable is yes on the 525 and no on the 50x.

The log doesn't show anything regarding the call.  If changing the above parameter fails, please send a log with SIP Debug Option set to All (located in ext 1) and Debug Level set to 3 (located in system).  Make sure debug server parameter (in system) is used to capture the log.

I've enabled BLF DNS on SPA50xG already, but the behaviour is still the same. The phone doesen't show any reaction when pressing a line key with a SD-Outside config.

After changing the settings according to your instruction I've debugged again. Also I;ve checked the debug server parameter and everything is set correct.

I am attaching the new log file. Since the phone doesen't react at all I wonder if there can be anything in the log file. The phone doesn't show any error and even the screen saver doesen't wake up.

I tried with fnc=sd;usr=106 and it works on 525 but not on 504.

So on my 504, I added @$PROXY to the 106 so my 504 has fnc=sd;usr=106@$PROXY and that worked.  I will write up this issue for dev asking why the difference between the 525 and 50x series.  Thanks.

I've added the @$PROXY (e.g. fnc=sd;usr=053538619@$PROXY) as you proposed and now it's working. I only had to do that for the SPA50xG series phones and the 525G phones are working without it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Michael

I confirmed with dev that the 525 is supposed to also have that @$PROXY as well, but it happened to work without it.  :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: